Skip to main content

Uncomfortableness


Because I have managed to post the past two days, I decided I would attempt to post everyday this month. I know that May is going to be crazy busy, but I like shooting for a goal. While perusing the internets this morning, I came across this Blog Everyday in May Challenge. The timing couldn’t be more perfect. Even though I am a couple of days late, I figured I would join. At the very least it will give me different topics to ramble on about throughout the month.

Today’s topic is things that make you uncomfortable. One thing that makes me uncomfortable is being the center of attention. I am a fairly quiet and shy person. Being placed in a situation where I have the attention of more than one or two people bothers me.

Birthday parties were always difficult for me. The party itself didn’t bother me. However, having to sit there while all my friends and family would watch me open gifts was a nightmare.

Another thing that makes me uncomfortable is hearing people chew anything. I don’t know if I can say this just makes me uncomfortable. This particular act could send me into a fit of rage if I had less control of myself. That is the extreme degree to which it bothers me. I always figured I was just strange, which let’s fact it, I am for a number of reasons.

However, a few months back I discovered this particular malady has a name. Misophonia. I wasn’t alone, that at least made me feel better about myself, though my hatred for eating sounds continues to plague me. I am sure there are other things that make me uncomfortable, but that is all I can think of at the moment.

Thursday night was yoga for me. It felt good to “get the goo out,” as my instructor would say. I am getting more balanced in my headstands, which I am excited about. One of these days I will conquer a handstand.

Friday morning I skipped my run, opting to let my legs heal a bit more before getting on the road again. My 5K Sunday should be interesting. Because I couldn’t just skip a work out, I did kettlebells instead.

I am very nervous about my ride Saturday. I haven’t been on my bike in over a month. This particular ride has 3 cat 5 climbs. I will just have to take it nice and easy.

In other news, I had to share the latest mishaps at my job. Earlier this week, one of my coworkers, P, and another unnamed person (I admit nothing)  took the confetti from all the hole punches in the office and strategically placed them in the defroster of another coworkers, C,  car.

Needless to say, C was not pleased when confetti blasted at him (or as he put it, “shards of paper hurled at him”) as he drove away. It apparently took him 20 minutes to vacuum his car. The rest of us found it hilarious.

Friday we do not have students. Things are a bit more relaxed without them. In retribution for the weeks earlier prank, C, along with some help, put 34 chairs in P’s cubicle. 


It was hilarious. I am now being told retribution will be coming for me as well. However, I was told this back in December when we did this to his cubicle. 

The TP was held in place with Febreeze
We will see. Until then, I just keep my head down and hope he forgets. He did threaten to shower me with glitter at the end of my mud run next month. I say bring it on, I know where you live. 

Just gotta keep moving.






What makes you uncomfortable?

What pranks have you done or had done to you? Are you someone who loves or hates pranks?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend in San Diego

I was looking forward to this past weekend for a number of reasons and a number of weeks. First, it marked the beginning of my Spring Break. I cannot tell you how much of a needed break this is. To start the break off right, J.R. and I packed up our bikes (and some clothes) and headed down to San Diego for the weekend.

Saturday J.R. arranged for us to ride with a former coworker of his. We knew he is quite a bit slower than we are, but we simply wanted a nice, relaxing ride. What we did not know was that this would be the worst.ride.ever.
I want to preface things by saying I know things could have been far worse. I, also, know that if this was my worst ride, I should consider myself lucky. However, all that does not change how horribly catastrophic this ride turned out.
Problem #1 should have become very readily apparent the minute we started. J.R.’s former coworker chose the route. This man is not a very experienced rider, because of this he shys away from the road. That’s fine, however…

Surprises: The Good and the Bad

Solving Life's Questions

Today's prompt was:

If you couldn't answer with your job, how would you answer the question, 'what do you do'?


Now that is a difficult question. So often we put so much of who we are into the job we do. I am no exception. Much of my sense of being, of who I am rests in my career. I believe much of this has to do with my chosen profession. Teaching is definitely not for the faint of heart. 

However, I also believe this has to do with the fact that I feel this is more of a calling. It is what I was created to do. This makes my job an essential part of who I am.

It is no wonder when I lost my job a few years ago, I was seriously tested. The lack of income was a struggle and hardship. However, my ego and my self-esteem took a major hit as the years came and left leaving me unable to find a teaching job. It was then I was first met with the question of if I'm not teaching, then who am I.

I came to this conclusion, I am still a teacher. Even without a classroom to prepare les…