Skip to main content

New Opportunites

A few Saturday's ago I sat in bed moping about the fact I wasn’t out on my bike with the wind blowing through my hair helmet. It was then I was immediately pulled out of feeling sorry for myself into a state of excitement. I received an email. But not just any email. This was an email I had completely given up on. Yet there it sat in my inbox smiling at me.

A few months before, I applied for a particular opportunity. I wasn’t overly hopeful about the prospect but I figured it doesn’t hurt to try. I knew they were going to make selections in early April. I hadn’t heard anything so I assumed the worst. I figured, “hey I gave it a shot.” Then I received this email inviting me to the club, so to speak.

What is this opportunity that so quickly changed my mood? I am now an Ambassador for See Jane Run.


What is See Jane Run? SJR is a company that caters to women runners. However, it is so much more than that. They are committed to supporting women runners no matter their experience and creating a community of women runners. They also have a number of events throughout the year, including a triathlon I’m really excited about. They support a number of wonderful charities through these events. This is the SJR manifesto.

See Jane Run is a really great company that supports women in their running/fitness journey. I am excited to be one of their newest ambassadors!

As an added bonus to being an ambassador I get to offer you, my readers a special deal.10% off registration to their event in Seattle!


It sounds like an incredible event and I wish I was able to make it up there for it. So take advantage of this 10% off! I'm jealous! The discount code is SJRSEAAMB13A. A little about See Jane Run Events.

There are a lot of races you can run, but there is nothing like the See Jane Run Half Marathon and 5K. We aren't just another race covered in pink. We are a race that celebrates women. All women. We believe that if you can run a mile, you can run a marathon. We believe you can be anything you want to be and for some, it starts here. We created this race because our lives were changed from running. We hope you leave our races with a little more joy than when you started, and you share your experience with the world.

Just gotta keep moving!

 



Have you ever participated in a See Jane Run event? If not, do you plan to in the future?

Do you shy away from new opportunities or just jump right in?

I'll admit in the past putting myself out there made me nervous and I was reluctant to do so. However, losing all this weight has given me the confidence to force myself (because yes I still have to force myself) to take chances at new opportunities. 

Comments

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say! Otherwise, I feel like I'm talking to a wall, much like I do with my students. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend in San Diego

I was looking forward to this past weekend for a number of reasons and a number of weeks. First, it marked the beginning of my Spring Break. I cannot tell you how much of a needed break this is. To start the break off right, J.R. and I packed up our bikes (and some clothes) and headed down to San Diego for the weekend.

Saturday J.R. arranged for us to ride with a former coworker of his. We knew he is quite a bit slower than we are, but we simply wanted a nice, relaxing ride. What we did not know was that this would be the worst.ride.ever.
I want to preface things by saying I know things could have been far worse. I, also, know that if this was my worst ride, I should consider myself lucky. However, all that does not change how horribly catastrophic this ride turned out.
Problem #1 should have become very readily apparent the minute we started. J.R.’s former coworker chose the route. This man is not a very experienced rider, because of this he shys away from the road. That’s fine, however…

Surprises: The Good and the Bad

Solving Life's Questions

Today's prompt was:

If you couldn't answer with your job, how would you answer the question, 'what do you do'?


Now that is a difficult question. So often we put so much of who we are into the job we do. I am no exception. Much of my sense of being, of who I am rests in my career. I believe much of this has to do with my chosen profession. Teaching is definitely not for the faint of heart. 

However, I also believe this has to do with the fact that I feel this is more of a calling. It is what I was created to do. This makes my job an essential part of who I am.

It is no wonder when I lost my job a few years ago, I was seriously tested. The lack of income was a struggle and hardship. However, my ego and my self-esteem took a major hit as the years came and left leaving me unable to find a teaching job. It was then I was first met with the question of if I'm not teaching, then who am I.

I came to this conclusion, I am still a teacher. Even without a classroom to prepare les…