My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://faithfullyhoping.com
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Missing Mom

For today's post, I planned on doing a recap of this wonderfully busy weekend. However, I am wiped out. I'm exhausted from this wonderfully busy weekend. So with that I will just be answering the prompt for today, as that in and of itself will take some doing. 

What do you miss? (a person, a thing, a place, a time of your life...)


I actually miss quite a few things. I miss certain people from my life who have come and gone. Whether they have moved (or more than likely) I have moved, we are no longer in close communication with each other. So I just miss having them in my life on a more frequent basis.

I miss certain times in my life. Though I would never wish to go back to any age (except maybe college, I'd like a redo on that time), there are aspects I wish I could have held onto. The carefree nature of being a child. The lack of true adult responsibilities of being a teenager. But like I said I would never go back.

However, on this mother's day I miss my mom the most. (Yes, I miss my dad and my brother terribly as well.) But it is days like these (and birthday's and just girls days out) that I truly miss my mom. We still talk very regularly. But being almost 2000 miles away, it just isn't the same. 

My mom & I after her first 5K last Nov.
So Happy Mother's Day to all the mom's out there, especially to the most wonderful mom of them all, my own. :)




What do you miss the most?

How did you spend your Mother's Day?

2 comments:

  1. Luckily I live close to all of my family, but I have some great friends who have moved away, and at times I miss being able to chat with them in person (facebook and email is just not the same:) I think that is awesome you and your mom ran a 5k together!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right it just isn't the same.

      It was my first 5k and she joined me the next year. She wants to run the whole thing this year. So proud of her!

      Delete

I'd love to hear what you have to say! Otherwise, I feel like I'm talking to a wall, much like I do with my students. :)

ShareThis