My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://faithfullyhoping.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, May 17, 2013

Mirror Mirror

Thursday is my yoga night. I've said it before and I'll probably say it again, I love my yoga class. I currently don't belong to a gym. I don't have a running group. And the group I cycle with is all male. Yoga is the only time I am able to interact with women about my physical activities. I try not to annoy my friends with blabbering on about all my runs and rides. So its is nice to share my passions with other like-minded women. Plus, it is an amazing workout that pushes me to stretch myself (both physically and mentally).

Also, Happy Bike to Work Day! Friday morning I was pleasantly surprised when J.R. told me he was biking to work for Bike to Work Day. (His work is a little more than 1/2 a mile from our house.) That meant I didn't have to worry about dropping him off to work and fitting in my own workout.Yay!


I was, however, horribly disappointed as I walked out the door this morning. Today would have been perfect for a good run. It was nice and cloudy and even misting a bit. I love those running conditions. But I need to rest my knee so I was good and didn't run.

Not the shoes I wanted to be in today.

Because I am trying to take it easy on my knee, J.R. was kind enough to set up my bike on a trainer. I was able to "bike" to work as well. I actually would really love to bike to work. But my work is over 30 miles from my house. This is not an overly long ride. However, it wouldn't be the safest ride. Not to mention, there would be no where for me to clean up afterward. So instead I was able to do a small ride on the trainer.



And finally today's prompt is: A favorite photo of yourself and why.
 
In the past choosing a favorite photo of myself would have been a challenge. I didn't like the way my body looked so any picture I truly liked was from the neck up. Those were the only ones I would really be ok with. Now I have a different problem. 

This is going to seem conceited and vain, but I truly don't mean it this way. Now I love the way I look. Oh sure, I see still see the flaws in the mirror and have areas I would like to change about myself. But now I find it difficult to not stare at myself. Not because I think I am the most beautiful or wonderful looking person in the world. No, it's definitely not about vanity. It is simply because I still have a hard time believing this is what I look like now. I will pass by mirrors or see pictures of myself and think, "wow that's actually me." 

Because of all of this I have a difficult time just choosing one picture of myself.  So here are a few of my favorites.
Just before my Olympic Tri


The look on my face in this one says it all. I was scared out of my mind and asking myself what I had gotten myself into. I seem to do this at the beginning of every new adventure.

After my first mud run
 I love this one because you can see the exhaustion on my face but I'm still smiling. That is a sense of accomplishment right there.

This one was taken after I had a session for makeup and hair. Of course I'm feeling great about the way I look someone played dress up with me. :) For now this has been my "after" picture.

Relaxing at Oak Glen
 I love this picture of me. I tend to be a fairly reserved person. I don't generally become overly excited. I am definitely not the outgoing type. This often times equates to boring. But I love this picture because it shows me in such a relaxed state. I am comfortable in my own skin here.

St Lucia July 2012
I love this picture for some of the same reasons as the above picture. This was the first real vacation J.R. and I took since our honeymoon 8 years earlier. It was an adventure I'll never forget. This picture reminds me of that wonderful time and that incredibly hot day we spent in the sun waiting for the Carnival to pass by.


Just gotta keep moving!






Did you participate in Bike to Work Day?

What are your favorite running conditions?

What is the best trip/vacation you have taken?

2 comments:

  1. I swear, if I am ever to become active one of these days, YOU will be my inspiration! The joy you gain from your active lifestyle is very appealing, so don't keep quiet about it in front of your friends (speaking as one of them).
    Great to have you writing regularly again, it was slim pickins around here for awhile ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angie! I'm really enjoying all the writing lately. :)

      Delete

I'd love to hear what you have to say! Otherwise, I feel like I'm talking to a wall, much like I do with my students. :)

ShareThis