Skip to main content

Embarrassment

This weekend is going to prove to be yet another busy one. J.R.'s birthday is Friday. We are going to Catalina for the day then having dinner with his mom. Saturday we are spending the day in San Diego. Sunday we will be in Escondido for the start of the Tour of California. Plus, it's Mother's Day. I have a 6 mile run Friday and a 12 mile run Saturday. Whew! I am tired just thinking about it all.

Today's prompt was most embarrassing moment. Spill. 

Many who know me might think this would be one of the many times I have tripped and fallen. There are many to choose from, including the time I fell in front of my entire class. But no. At this point falling doesn't phase me. 
Yeah that'd be me.
My most embarrassing moment happened much earlier in life. I grew up as a pastor's daughter (or PK). My dad was typically the youth or music pastor. Every so often he would get the opportunity to preach to the entire congregation.

I believe I may have been 7 or 8, my dad was preaching one evening. My brother and I were sitting by ourselves on the 3rd or 4th row. I believe my mom hadn't gotten back from being on stage with the worship team. We were just kids and we began goofing off. As happens with siblings our goofing off began to turn into bickering. However, we were still at the point of more goofing off then actually fighting. I remember crawling under the pew when suddenly I heard my name.

I was horrified at what came next. My dad turned to the congregation and said, "Excuse me for one second folks." He then turned toward my brother and I and said, "Amy, Greg sit down, be quiet and I will deal with you later." He turned back to the congregation seemingly calm as anything and said, "Sorry about that," as he continued his message.

I was devastated. I am sure my face turned 100 shades of red as I attempted to disappear into the pew. I hoped it would swallow me up. At that point, no further punishment was necessary. I was mortified.

So there it is, my most embarrassing moment. In hind sight, if that is the worst I have to deal with, I'm pretty good.

Just gotta keep moving!
 



 




What is your most embarrassing moment?

What is your typical response to some that falls? Are you wonderfully nice and ask them if they need help? Or are you like me and burst out in laughter?

I claim my laughter is just fine because I'm the first one to laugh at myself when I fall.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend in San Diego

I was looking forward to this past weekend for a number of reasons and a number of weeks. First, it marked the beginning of my Spring Break. I cannot tell you how much of a needed break this is. To start the break off right, J.R. and I packed up our bikes (and some clothes) and headed down to San Diego for the weekend.

Saturday J.R. arranged for us to ride with a former coworker of his. We knew he is quite a bit slower than we are, but we simply wanted a nice, relaxing ride. What we did not know was that this would be the worst.ride.ever.
I want to preface things by saying I know things could have been far worse. I, also, know that if this was my worst ride, I should consider myself lucky. However, all that does not change how horribly catastrophic this ride turned out.
Problem #1 should have become very readily apparent the minute we started. J.R.’s former coworker chose the route. This man is not a very experienced rider, because of this he shys away from the road. That’s fine, however…

Surprises: The Good and the Bad

Solving Life's Questions

Today's prompt was:

If you couldn't answer with your job, how would you answer the question, 'what do you do'?


Now that is a difficult question. So often we put so much of who we are into the job we do. I am no exception. Much of my sense of being, of who I am rests in my career. I believe much of this has to do with my chosen profession. Teaching is definitely not for the faint of heart. 

However, I also believe this has to do with the fact that I feel this is more of a calling. It is what I was created to do. This makes my job an essential part of who I am.

It is no wonder when I lost my job a few years ago, I was seriously tested. The lack of income was a struggle and hardship. However, my ego and my self-esteem took a major hit as the years came and left leaving me unable to find a teaching job. It was then I was first met with the question of if I'm not teaching, then who am I.

I came to this conclusion, I am still a teacher. Even without a classroom to prepare les…