My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://faithfullyhoping.com
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Safari Park

Friday J.R. took the day off work. After my 5 mile run we drove down to San Diego to spend the day at the Safari Park. We have season passes and love going either there or to the zoo for the day.
What I failed to consider was the fact that I was not the only one on Spring Break, so are students. Duh. This meant the park was incredibly crowded. It was pretty crazy. But I was not going to be deterred. I was there to see the Butterfly Jungle and I was definitely not going to miss it.

The Butterfly Jungle is only open 2 weeks every year. It is one of the most amazing things I have experienced. It is basically an aviary filled with butterflies. They are everywhere. It is incredible to walk through with hundreds of beautiful butterflies in a rainbow of colors fluttering all around.

We also saw some giraffe, the gorillas, and zebras. We definitely couldn't miss the elephants, J.R.'s favorite. The number of baby elephants that have been born every year there is astounding. There are little ones running all over. We, also, were able to see a baby rhino that was adorable.




One of my favorites has to be the cheetahs. They are such amazing creatures. We stayed for the cheetah run. It is incredible how fast these graceful animals are. If you blink you will miss them.

It was a tiring but good day. I was absolutely glad to have been able to experience the Butterfly Jungle again this year. It is one of my favorites.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say! Otherwise, I feel like I'm talking to a wall, much like I do with my students. :)

ShareThis