My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://faithfullyhoping.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Exploring Options


Now that my triathlon is over, I feel a little lost. I no longer have a training schedule to tell me what to do every day. A week or two before the tri I saw this inevitable problem staring me in the face. I looked for a few different solutions. I wasn’t able to find anything I liked. The day of the race reality struck me. This wasn’t a problem. No, this was a freeing situation. I was now free to explore all the different classes I wanted to try but was unable to as I didn’t have the time.

This week has been my week of exploration. It has been so nice and an eye opener for me. For months, I have wanted to try Zumba. Tuesday night I did just that. It was a lot of fun. It wasn’t much of a workout for me, which was a little disappointing. I’m not giving up on it just yet. It may just be that because I’m not as familiar with the moves that I didn’t put as much effort.

The thing that astonished me was the fact that I even attempted this class, by myself. The old Amy never would have done such a thing.

Last night, I tried another new class, Piyo. It’s a combination of pilates, yoga and a lot of other things. After my Zumba experience, I wasn’t expecting much. I was pleasantly surprised with this class. It was tough and really made me work. I enjoyed it and definitely will be back for more.

Tonight it’s back to my usual yoga class. I haven’t been in a month and I’m really looking forward to it. Tomorrow J.R. and I will be doing strength training. Saturday we are going for a ride, which I’m really looking forward to.

Next on my agenda is figuring out which 5k I am going to do this month. Do I go with the nice flat course or the very hilly course? We will see. Sunday I am going to do a comparable run to see how tough the hills will be for me. Who is this girl again? I just don’t recognize her. But I definitely like her. J Just gotta keep moving.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say! Otherwise, I feel like I'm talking to a wall, much like I do with my students. :)

ShareThis