Skip to main content

WFW - Psalm 38:21

Have you ever been in a position of uncomfortableness with a close loved one? I'm sure we all have at one point or another. It's usually brought on by a big argument or a small disagreement or even simply a neglect of the relationship. The fact is a distance has been created. It can be an awkward position and restoring that closeness can be difficult, especially if a trust has been broken. At times it can be difficult to know even how to begin repairing the relationship.

I am at that point with God. It seems just a few months ago I was hearing so clearly from Him. He was beginning to show me with such clarity what He has planned for me, even if it was only a brief glimpse. Then my focus shifted and life began to move quickly. Now that closeness and clarity has been lost. God hasn't moved. No, the blame falls solely on my shoulders. However, this distance has been created and its up to me tot get back that place again. I know He is waiting patiently for me. I know He will meet me where I am. But that act of humbling oneself can be difficult. My head knows that He is always there to pick me up when I fall. However, my heart wonders when He will tire of my continued failures. So I cry to God to be patient with me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend in San Diego

I was looking forward to this past weekend for a number of reasons and a number of weeks. First, it marked the beginning of my Spring Break. I cannot tell you how much of a needed break this is. To start the break off right, J.R. and I packed up our bikes (and some clothes) and headed down to San Diego for the weekend.

Saturday J.R. arranged for us to ride with a former coworker of his. We knew he is quite a bit slower than we are, but we simply wanted a nice, relaxing ride. What we did not know was that this would be the worst.ride.ever.
I want to preface things by saying I know things could have been far worse. I, also, know that if this was my worst ride, I should consider myself lucky. However, all that does not change how horribly catastrophic this ride turned out.
Problem #1 should have become very readily apparent the minute we started. J.R.’s former coworker chose the route. This man is not a very experienced rider, because of this he shys away from the road. That’s fine, however…

Surprises: The Good and the Bad

Solving Life's Questions

Today's prompt was:

If you couldn't answer with your job, how would you answer the question, 'what do you do'?


Now that is a difficult question. So often we put so much of who we are into the job we do. I am no exception. Much of my sense of being, of who I am rests in my career. I believe much of this has to do with my chosen profession. Teaching is definitely not for the faint of heart. 

However, I also believe this has to do with the fact that I feel this is more of a calling. It is what I was created to do. This makes my job an essential part of who I am.

It is no wonder when I lost my job a few years ago, I was seriously tested. The lack of income was a struggle and hardship. However, my ego and my self-esteem took a major hit as the years came and left leaving me unable to find a teaching job. It was then I was first met with the question of if I'm not teaching, then who am I.

I came to this conclusion, I am still a teacher. Even without a classroom to prepare les…