My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://faithfullyhoping.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, April 1, 2011

WFW ~ Philippians 4:8

It's been quite some time since I did this. But I've had such a great desire to write lately, just not the discipline to actually sit down and write. So Tuesday night I forced myself to sit and just be quiet for a moment. Life has been so busy and I've been continually on the go. I miss my quiet time with God. So as I sat there trying to clear my mind and thoughts, the following came to me.

How do you expect to hear from God when your mind is so inundated with filth and nonsense. A clean mind is not simply a pure and holy mind, it is a mind that is free of the clutter and waste that is useless. It is this clutter, waste and utter nonsense that the enemy uses to distract you from the things of God. A holy mind is not simply a mind that is free from filth, it is free of the distraction of this world. Whatever is true, honest, just, pure, lovely, good report, virtuous, or praise worthy. This is the prescription for a clean and holy mind. This is the measure by which our thoughts should be gaged.

This is not a calling to be mindless, uninformed people with their heads in the clouds. No. We must be aware of the circumstances and issues going on in the world around us. However, our focus, what we must gear our minds toward, are those thoughts for good. We must not dwell on the negative even in the midst of a fallen world. Our focus must shift to the One who is the sustainer of all life and the reason for every good thing life has to offer. He must be our focus. Only when He becomes our focus will our minds begin to tune out the world around us and allow us to hear what He has to say to us.

So my WFW for this week is Philippians 4:8, as a friend of mine calls it, the whatever verse. Now to attempt to practice what I preach. :)


5 comments:

  1. I love this verse. Thank you for sharing your heart. Keep on de-cluttering and keep on writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a powerful message Amy. Thanks so much...

    ReplyDelete
  3. indeed.....this is a wonderful reminder!
    Awesome Word!

    peace,
    lori

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say! Otherwise, I feel like I'm talking to a wall, much like I do with my students. :)

ShareThis