Skip to main content

My Husband Rocks! ~ Nursing and Laughter


Since I missed last weeks post today my husband rocks for two different reasons. While I failed to post last week doesn't mean I didn't think of an amazing way that my husband rocks. :)

First this weeks reason. For the past few weeks I've had a nasty cough that seems to come and go at will. It's rather quite annoying but no other symptoms have come about so I haven't been too concerned. None of my coworkers have gotten sick, thankfully, only annoyed with my coughing. The other day my coughing was so bad I woke up with my throat completely raw and sore. This is when I finally decided I should see the doctor about this nasty cough.

In the meantime, I needed some relief. I asked J.R. if he could run to the store and get me some cough syrup. He, of course, obliged. But this is not why he rocks this week. He rocks because not only did he get me some nyquil but dayquil as well, he also brought me a slice of bread with my medicine. He did this because he knows abhore the taste of cough syrup and would need a chaser to get the taste out of my mouth. He's so thoughtful and takes such good care of me.

Last week, J.R. probably thinks he rocks because I came home one night and found my tennis shoes and nice and bright white from a fresh cleaning. He would be right he does rock for cleaning my shoes, without my ever asking for it. But no this week I have a much different reason why he rocks. Time and time again on this posts I proclaim how my husband rocks because he's done this, that or the other thing for me. This is all wonderful but this week I wanted something different.

Different is what I came up with. This week my husband rocks because of his ability to make me laugh. With all this weight loss I've been going through clothes and throwing out old things left and right. It's a nice feeling but our budget can't always handle new clothes. Thankfully, a good friend of mine has been losing weight as well and she's a few sizes smaller.

This is perfect because I get all her old stuff. The other day she gave me her size 12 jeans. I'm not quite there yet but I thought it would be interesting to try them on. To my amazement I actually was able to get them on! I was very excited. Now I wasn't kidding myself here, they didn't fit, end of story. But I was able to squeeze into them and even button them up. In my excitement, I showed J.R. I was able to fit in these jeans. Immediately, he told me good job. I then raised my shirt a bit to show him there was no way I could actually wear these jeans in public, yet. He laughed and told me, "that's not even a muffin top, that's a loaf." I burst out laughing. He was right. So this particular week my husband rocks because he is able to keep me laughing, even if it is at my own expense. :)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend in San Diego

I was looking forward to this past weekend for a number of reasons and a number of weeks. First, it marked the beginning of my Spring Break. I cannot tell you how much of a needed break this is. To start the break off right, J.R. and I packed up our bikes (and some clothes) and headed down to San Diego for the weekend.

Saturday J.R. arranged for us to ride with a former coworker of his. We knew he is quite a bit slower than we are, but we simply wanted a nice, relaxing ride. What we did not know was that this would be the worst.ride.ever.
I want to preface things by saying I know things could have been far worse. I, also, know that if this was my worst ride, I should consider myself lucky. However, all that does not change how horribly catastrophic this ride turned out.
Problem #1 should have become very readily apparent the minute we started. J.R.’s former coworker chose the route. This man is not a very experienced rider, because of this he shys away from the road. That’s fine, however…

Surprises: The Good and the Bad

Solving Life's Questions

Today's prompt was:

If you couldn't answer with your job, how would you answer the question, 'what do you do'?


Now that is a difficult question. So often we put so much of who we are into the job we do. I am no exception. Much of my sense of being, of who I am rests in my career. I believe much of this has to do with my chosen profession. Teaching is definitely not for the faint of heart. 

However, I also believe this has to do with the fact that I feel this is more of a calling. It is what I was created to do. This makes my job an essential part of who I am.

It is no wonder when I lost my job a few years ago, I was seriously tested. The lack of income was a struggle and hardship. However, my ego and my self-esteem took a major hit as the years came and left leaving me unable to find a teaching job. It was then I was first met with the question of if I'm not teaching, then who am I.

I came to this conclusion, I am still a teacher. Even without a classroom to prepare les…