My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://faithfullyhoping.com
and update your bookmarks.

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Pep Talks and Motivation

I am now half way through my second week of workouts. I am pleased to say I was able to stick with my routine for (almost) an entire week. (I bailed one particular day, but more on that a bit later.) I was more than a little bit sore and pretty tired but was able to keep up with it. So far this week I'm off to a pretty good start. However, don't let me make it sound easy because it certainly hasn't been.

Monday morning, after dropping J.R. off at work, I was ready to start week 2. Less than half way through the routine, I was ready to quit. This was definitely more difficult than last week. I had to continually give myself pep talks in order to get through the whole thing. But get through it I did.

The rest of the day I was completely exhausted with zero motivation to do anything. That evening, the last thing I wanted to do was walk. With the help of J.R., we made our way out into the almost freezing cold to have our nightly walk. It was a struggle. (Especially considering one of my socks slipped down and around the middle of my foot a mere minutes after our walk began. This left my heel and ankle exposed to my shoe and I now have a blister. Lovely.) However, half way through our walk, I started to feel so much better. I told J.R. to make me walk even when I don't want to as I feel so much better when I have.

The next morning I was up again and working out and made my walk as well. Getting up early is definitely not my cup of tea, as I am not in the least a morning person. Thankfully, I don't have to be at work till 9:00 most mornings. Friday will be a real test for me as I have to be at work at 7:00am! That means an unbearably early morning for me. However, I am bound and determined to push through it and get it done.

Other than actually getting off my behind and moving my other struggle has been not seeing quick results or really any results recently. I know this will take some time but I think I've been pretty patient the past year and a half and now I'd like to see some quicker results. But I'm going to press on and keep going because I know eventually those results will come.

Oh, while I did skip out on my daily walk Saturday, after having worked 11 hours with no lunch, I managed to complete the cardio challenge for the weekend on Sunday. 300 stairs and an hour walk which turned out to be 3.25 miles. Not bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say! Otherwise, I feel like I'm talking to a wall, much like I do with my students. :)

ShareThis