Skip to main content

Christmas in Texas

I've been trying to get this post out for over a week now. Ugh. Pictures have been giving me fits. So here it finally is just a little late. :) It's hard to believe that the first month of this year is over already. Our trip to Texas was a month ago now and I figured it was about time to post about it. Getting there was quite the challenge, as my job at the medical lab refused to give me the time off despite the fact this trip was planned months in advance. I halfway expected it, but it was quite the drama when it all happened.

The day I left they told me to let them know when I was back as if they might have a position for me, that obviously has not come about. I can't say I'm too upset about it, thought the paycheck would be nice. However, I don't think much work is getting done there in the past week as I heard reports the roof caved in. It's difficult not to at least smile about that (no one was hurt). J.R. jokingly says it's God's wrath for not rehiring me. :)

So on to our trip. Rather than blather on about what all we did, I'll just show pictures as they are at least a little more interesting. :) (Warning some pictures aren't of the greatest quality as they were taken drive by style.)

Christmas Day
Driving to Shreveport for some shopping
Shreveport

New Year's Eve
(We stood in the rain watching friends set off fireworks.)





Parents side of the house/backyard.
The whole family 
(No we didn't color coordinate)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Weekend in San Diego

I was looking forward to this past weekend for a number of reasons and a number of weeks. First, it marked the beginning of my Spring Break. I cannot tell you how much of a needed break this is. To start the break off right, J.R. and I packed up our bikes (and some clothes) and headed down to San Diego for the weekend.

Saturday J.R. arranged for us to ride with a former coworker of his. We knew he is quite a bit slower than we are, but we simply wanted a nice, relaxing ride. What we did not know was that this would be the worst.ride.ever.
I want to preface things by saying I know things could have been far worse. I, also, know that if this was my worst ride, I should consider myself lucky. However, all that does not change how horribly catastrophic this ride turned out.
Problem #1 should have become very readily apparent the minute we started. J.R.’s former coworker chose the route. This man is not a very experienced rider, because of this he shys away from the road. That’s fine, however…

Surprises: The Good and the Bad

Solving Life's Questions

Today's prompt was:

If you couldn't answer with your job, how would you answer the question, 'what do you do'?


Now that is a difficult question. So often we put so much of who we are into the job we do. I am no exception. Much of my sense of being, of who I am rests in my career. I believe much of this has to do with my chosen profession. Teaching is definitely not for the faint of heart. 

However, I also believe this has to do with the fact that I feel this is more of a calling. It is what I was created to do. This makes my job an essential part of who I am.

It is no wonder when I lost my job a few years ago, I was seriously tested. The lack of income was a struggle and hardship. However, my ego and my self-esteem took a major hit as the years came and left leaving me unable to find a teaching job. It was then I was first met with the question of if I'm not teaching, then who am I.

I came to this conclusion, I am still a teacher. Even without a classroom to prepare les…